Choosing A REALTOR You Can Trust
Buying, selling renting or letting can be a real challenge and therefore you want to deal with the most competent estate agents in your area. But how to find that perfect realtor? Below is a short list of the things to do and questions to ask in your quest to get peace of mind.
- Ask around to see what the opinion of some of your friends or family members are on local estate agents
- Attend open houses to see for yourself how skilled and efficient the agent is.
- Be on the lookout for ads - successful agents will be prominently visible in the local media
- Once you have met the person you should spend a little time to see if you would get along.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions:
- Do you have an active real estate license?
- Is real estate your full-time career?
- How much of your business comes from referrals?
- How long have you been working in the area?
- Do you live in the area? If so, how long?
- How long does it take your average client to sell their home (or find the right home, if they’re buying)?
- Enquire about marketing tactics; what media does the person use and who has access to the advertisements.
- Drive around the neighbourhood to observe the visibility of the agent or agency.
- Ask what their fees are and what it includes.
- Ask for a few references to check.
Finally; if you made up your mind and feel satisfied with your choice, make sure to ask the agent to stay in regular communication with you in regard to progress of the deal.
Author: Annemarie Swanepoel