Clarify your reasons to sell your property
Category Byers Guide
Why do you want to sell your home?
The reasons why someone may want to sell their property fall into two categories: necessary sales and optional sales.
For some people, selling their home is a necessity. They may need to relocate for a job, are going through a family transition such as marriage or divorce, or are facing bankruptcy. In these cases, if they don't sell their home, something bad might happen. For instance, they won't be able to afford two mortgages, they might end up living with their ex-spouse, or they might ruin their credit.
For other people, selling is optional but desired. These types of sellers want a lifestyle change. They may think their home is too small, be unhappy with the neighbourhood, or want to live in a better school district. In these cases, nothing bad will happen if the home owner doesn't sell their home. They just want to make a housing change.
Are you a necessary or an optional seller? If you fall into the "optional seller" category, ask yourself: Do I really want to sell my home? Sometimes, selling isn't the best option. Here are some things to consider:
- Do I like this neighbourhood? If you like your neighbourhood, consider other options to selling your home.
- Would adding on new rooms or remodelling be a better option? Renovating your home is often cheaper than paying the sales commissions, closing and moving costs involved with selling a home.
- Do I have enough space for an addition? Do you have enough land to add on additional rooms or features?
- Would home changes make your home easier or harder to sell? For any home changes you make, consider how they would impact your decision to sell later on. For instance, would your renovations be too elaborate for your current neighbourhood, making it difficult to recoup your improvement costs?
- Do you need permission to remodel? Some communities require you seek approval before making any major renovations to your home.
Selling your home is a big decision, and how motivated you are to sell will influence nearly every decision you make regarding successfully marketing your home.
The Property Services E-book 14 Costly Mistakes Home Sellers Make and How to Avoid Them can assist when you decide to sell your property. Feel free to download and print out the book and use it as your reference guide and know that we are here to sincerely help you. The purpose of this guide is to help you avoid 14 common mistakes sellers make when listing their home for sale. These 14 mistakes are the main reasons why sellers don't get the highest price for their home, can't sell within their time frame, or experience problems during negotiations and closing.
Just give us a call 083 378 8820 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will confidentially assist you.
Author: Frans Roos